CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Wow! Am I getting consistent or what?? I am proud of myself!

Finished decorating the tree today....YAY ME! Still alot to do, but that is my "Bah Humbug!". You see, my tree is 12 feet tall and about 6 feet across at the bottom. It is way bigger than we thought it would be when we spied it in the store 3 or 4 years ago. Although, it is pre-lit and I've never had a minute's trouble out of the lights. (knock on wood)

My stepmom, Jami, surprised the boys (and me) today by picking them up at school. They were so funny, like they had to catch her up on everything new in the house (i.e. toys from birthdays) They talked her ears off! Ok...so did I! Anyway, it was so sweet when she had to go, Brennan just kept saying "Did I show you this?" or "Come see this in my room." He didn't want her to go. It kindof reminded me how Moma used to "stop by" and see us after work. Good memories :)

Last night was Brennan and Tanner's first basketball game of the season. We played against Madison Academy, and I kid you not, those kids are 5 inches taller than our boys! What are they feeding them?? Anyway, we only have 6 players on the team and they played so well! Brennan scored 17 of our 19 points, and we only lost by 2. Tanner had a little problem last year with not being aggressive enough. It was like he was afraid to touch anybody on the opposite team. So last night, he asked Darrell (aka Coach Bell) to let him play "up top" in the last quarter. Darrell just looked him in the eye and said "Are you gonna stay on them?" Tanner nodded insistently and said "Its mosquito time!". That's our little nickname for him. He did so well! He played more aggressive than I expected since it was the first game.

And the best part of the night... We were down at halftime, Darrell gave them a little pep talk and sent them to get water and use the restroom. Now mind you, 4 out of the 6 of our player also go to church with us. So they are all pretty good friends...anyway...Brennan came back and sat down beside me (I was keeping the scorebook) and said confidently, "We all prayed in the bathroom." I was so proud. I didn't say anything about it then, but this morning I asked Brennan and Tanner about it on the way to school. Apparently one of the boys initiated it and then they decided that Brennan should pray because he is the team captain (first I'd heard of that). So he did. He even commented that he was glad they prayed because they only lost by 2 points. What's more exciting is that one of the boys that was in there doesn't go to church at all! What a witness! What a boldness! I pray that he will always have that!!

Would I have the boldness to do that if in the same situation? Would you?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

do you have to make me cry before I go to bed tonight?!?

WOW!! I'm so proud of them!! But you know, it doesn't surprise me at all!! They are so precious!! I wouldn't expect anything less!

It's wonderful that they saw God answer their prayers even though they didn't win. Sometimes he answers in ways different from what we think he should! But it's all good!!

I love the nickname "mosquito"!!

Debbie said...

My sweet niece, he has learned by great example from his parents. Oh and by the way, I am very proud that you have been blogging. I love reading about your family since I see you once a year. Speaking of that once a year – any news on when and where Christmas will be?